Theme selection to optimize your website’s SEO is more important than you might think. SEO can easily be negatively affected by poorly written themes. Specifically, the following points can hurt your SEO or the user experience causing your search engine rankings to suffer:
- The inability to remove spammy links. Too often free or low-cost WordPress themes are given away in some campaign to generate leads and come with code and links that can hurt your organic search visibility.
- Poor usability can result in higher bounce rates
- Non-mobile friendly designs will suffer to Google’s SEO scrutiny
- Poor design will result in a lower average time per page which tells Google your content isn’t relevant resulting in a lower ranking
- Slow loading time from a bloated them will also go against Google’s best practices for SEO
- Regular updates and ongoing support. Very few free or low-cost themes are patched for security purposes or upgraded when new versions of WordPress rollout. This leaves your site open to all sorts of vulnerabilities from hacking to poor SEO performance.
These all contribute to the overall user experience, and will consequently affect your SEO. With that knowledge as a base, we set out to find the top five WordPress themes for SEO visibility. This list will outline our top five and give you insights into how they will strengthen your site’s SEO performance.
1. SEO WP
According to most all SEO experts, SEO WP is one of the top recommended themes for SEO optimized WordPress themes. What makes it so special?
- From the minute you download it, you a get blazing fast theme load time of only three seconds, which greatly improves the SEO of the website and the overall user experience.
- Your website is fully responsive and will look great on any webpage. They validate every site with a Google mobile-friendly check.
- Consistently updated each month to have the best written code for SEO and to make sure it is free of all known bugs.
- Lightweight design and code cuts the average size of your site in a third.
In addition to a solid SEO foundation the theme comes with a free live composer page builder which allows you to customize the theme to any layout you desire.
BoomBox is a solid theme choice right out of the box. It was designed specifically for SEO because its purpose is to cater towards creating viral content and building popular websites that generate a large amount of traffic each day. Try it out on Themeforest today.
Avada is all about building unique, creative and professional websites through an industry leading options network without having to touch a line of code. The easy to use interface allows anyone from beginner to advanced build beautiful, responsive websites.
Avada has a clean design, a fully responsive framework, an industry leading options network and the intuitive Fusion Builder that makes page building a breeze. These are just a couple of its benefits:
- Clean, modern, multi-purpose design can be used for any type of website
- Dozens of professionally designed demos that can be easily imported with one click
- WordPress Multisite (WPMU) Tested and Approved
- Built with HTML5 and CSS3
- SEO Optimized, great SEO base already built-in
- Well organized, commented & clean code
- Performance enhancements for fast, reliable, quality websites
Enfold is a clean, super flexible and fully responsive WordPress Theme, suited for business websites, shop websites, and users who want to showcase their work on a neat portfolio site. This premium WordPress Theme is built on top of the fabulous Avia Framework and offers support for the WPML MULTI LANGUAGE plugin.
It comes with a plethora of options so you can modify layout, styling, colors and fonts directly from within the back end. Build your own clean skin or use one of 18 predefined skins right out from your WordPress Admin Panel. Font, background and color options as well as the dynamic template builder will help you create the Website you need in no time. Try it out on Themeforest today.
5. The 7
The 7 is the Most Customisable WordPress Theme on the Market. It features full and seamless integration with Visual Composer and has 750+ Theme Options which allows you to craft almost any imaginable design.
The7 is mobile friendly (certified by Google) and SEO-ready. To make your workflow as productive as possible, we’ve created 26 high quality dummy websites that you can import in only a couple of clicks and use as a foundation for your website. Try it out on Themeforest today.